Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cause and Effect Piece (Revised)

           One cause was Melinda was assaulted by the beast, Andy Evans. He treats her like dirt and “attacks” her because he knows she’s drunk on the 3 bottles of beer that she has had. Andy was just a plain jerk. I said it, he really was though. Why did this happen? One reason was the beer. Along with the private place and because Andy had a reputation for that kind of thing. Melinda was helpless at that moment, but because of this, the effect is that she calls the cops and her friends turn on her and now she starts high school with no friends.  Melinda’s all alone. No one is there for her.
          Another cause is she tries finding a friend because she doesn’t want to look like a loner. She reminds me of me in my gym and science class. None of my friends are in these classes. I feel like if I sit alone, I’ll look like that lonely person, that loser, that loner. But like me, Melinda finds someone to sit by, in her case, it’s Heather. This happened not just because Melinda didn't want to look like a loner, but also because she didn't want her ex-best friends to look better than her. Because of this, the effect is Melinda finds that choosing this diva was a bad idea. Heather appears as that little peppy “always-happy” girl, but the more you read the book, Heather turns into the stuck-up girl. Heather uses Melinda too, to not look like a loner.

No comments:

Post a Comment