Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Point of View: Response & Creative Piece

The Other Half of the Heart

Author's note: For my point of view piece, I decided to analysis the song "Jar of hearts" by Christina Perri. 

         Pain. The pain of breaking up with someone. That is what this song is really about. In "Jar of Hearts" by Chistina Perri, her point of view is the awful person who broke her heart decides that he wants her back. But she knows that she is smarter than that.
        The way she puts it in the song is that he basically ruined her life, ripped her heart out and then ran away. For example, in the chorus," And who do you think you are, Running around leaving scars,Collecting your jar of hearts, And tearing love apart, You're gonna catch a cold, From the ice inside your soul, Don't come back for me, Who do you think you are?", she's saying how horribly he treated her. How he thought that his actions didn't matter and that she would forget. In these powerful lines, she really gets her point across that "Why should I get back to you, after what you did?"
         But what does the guy think? From the lyrics, it seems like he doesn't think he did anything wrong. Maybe from his point of view he doesn't know how much he hurt her.In the lines "And don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore, You lost the love I loved the most.", she says he was kind of clueless, that he doesn't realize that he has lost all her affection. But if he were to say something, I think it would be something like this....

I wasn't one to hurt you,
But you just don't understand.
Why can't you come back to me,
Why can't you hold my hand?

We are a match made in heaven,
Together I want to be.
So why don't you like me anymore?
When I'm trying to be your company.

I loved you once,
And I want to again.
But you try to run from me,
I ask why and you say from back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment