Sunday, October 28, 2012

Essay


More Candy?

Author's Note:  This is another essay that I wrote because my Patriot's Pen was awful. Hopefully, this one is a lot better.

         
“Trick or Treat!”, the age old saying that comes every October. We all love the sweet candy, and want as much of it as possible. The ultimate goal is to come home with a big pillowcase full of the delicious goodness, to have the victory having more than your siblings. But what if that was ripped from you, if the pillowcase became almost empty and the siblings taunted you till Thanksgiving. How could you bear with that? I might have to, because this year I will miss half an hour of trick-or-tricking because of a soccer game that I “need” to go to. That is why, to avoid this horrible burden of having less candy, I think my loving, caring parents should buy me a little extra.
One reason is because my favorite candy is on sale, the wonderful Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. How could you pass up that? I mean, when you usually go trick-or-tricking you get some candy that you hate and never eat, leaving it in the bag to rot and discovering it the next year, but if you buy your favorite candy, none goes to waste. It’s the perfect candy for a bargain.
          Another reason I need more candy is because without it my favorite holiday will be ruined. I know that that sounds super dramatic, but it’s true. You see, I look forward to Halloween for the entire year; I’m always excited to go throughout the neighborhood with my best friend and having a good time. Of course I also look forward to collecting candy (who wouldn’t?).But since I’m missing the last half an hour of trick-or-treating, which is when people hand out more pieces to get rid of their leftovers, I will end one with a lot less pieces than you may think.
         To conclude, I will have a serious shortage of sweets by the end of trick-or-treating. Being teased by my sister, and being envious of my friends when they are eating their candy and I am completely out will be unbearable. But my parents can end this suffering by spending just a few more dollars, but will they? Can’t they see that I need more candy?                 

No comments:

Post a Comment