Sunday, December 18, 2011

All summer in a day story

            How could they do this to me?, I thought as I was pushed in the classroom's closet and locked inside. What did I do wrong? I only said that I thought the sun was coming today.
           Oh the sun, how I wanted to see it. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait another 7 years, if I can make it that long, I continued. You see, I hate the darkness. The sun is the only light in my life, though I only saw it once, 7 years ago. It was large and bright, with the soft yellow rays warming your skin. Lately, I started feels sick without that light. My parents said that they were coming her to Venus to take me back to Earth, but I feared they wouldn't make it in time.
           I suddenly listened in to the classroom, my ear pressed against the closet door. I heard the teacher, then the a scuffle of little feet running out the font door. I hear laughter and
 feet running here and there. I already knew what was going on.
          "The sun, it come" I said slowly. But instead of feeling happy abut the sun finally arriving, I felt something different. I suddenly felt sick, even more than usually. I pounded on the door and screamed as loud as a could, but no one heard me. A deep painful feeling welled up inside me and I saw a bright light. "The sun" I whispered with my last breathe and fell to the ground.

1 comment:

  1. I liked it, it was full of emotion. What was with the ending? Did she die? Why didn't the teacher let the girl out? How could the teacher not hear her pounding on the door and screaming? I am sorry for all of my questions, but I would still like them to be answered. In movies, they think that when you die, you see a bright light. I'm not sure if this is true, because I haven't experienced that before. Were you influenced by a movie? (Now I will tell you a few minor errors I found.) In the last sentence of the 2nd paragraph, "her" should be "here". Also, in the 1st sentence of the last paragraph, "come" should probably be "came".

    ReplyDelete