Friday, December 9, 2011

College Guy who wants to dropout on a random Tuesday at 3:00 PM


            On one random Tuesday at 3:00 PM, Todd strolled the park, frozen with freshly fallen snow, the air frigid against each breath. He had just finished a tough day of college, and was prepared to drop out. But first he had to think about it, if it was the right decision or not. The park was the perfect place to clear his mind, quiet and peaceful. The perfect place to make a big decision.
            “How can I go on like this,” Todd said “Working this hard every day. I need to be free and start my life. But I also need that college degree to get a better job, not like the stupid job I have now.
Todd worked part-time at a small fast food joint known as Hank’s Hamburger Hut. It was busy little restaurant, but Todd hated having to flip burgers all day. He wanted a more exciting job, a job that had more skills needed then being able to move your wrist. Plus, the pay wasn’t too good too.
“If I drop out now, my parents will kill me if they find out.” Todd murmured to himself.
Todd’s parents lived on the other side of town, but were ALWAYS calling his dorm to check up on him. “Todd, how’s my little college boy doing” they would say or “Junior Year in College, your almost done. Hey did you remember to clean your dorm sweetie pie.” As much as his parents annoyed him, he still loved them. Todd didn’t want to break their hearts by quitting, not now.
“But if I have to spend one more day with Derek, I’m going to explode!” Todd HAD to get away from Derek.
Derek was his roommate for college. But sharing a dorm together was impossible. Derek was the smelliest, dirtiest, messiest guy in the whole world as far as Todd was concerned. Todd liked his stuff neat and clean, but Derek was getting in the way of that. 
“Oh, what will I do? What will I do?” Todd said, and continued walking through the icy park.  

2 comments:

  1. I love your ending! It's so..... open. Anything could happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the ending, too! (Even though cliff-hangers always make me frustrated because I don't know what's going to happen.) Was this an essay or a story?

    ReplyDelete