Monday, April 16, 2012

Point of View Short Respond


     Through Different Eyes
    
       In So Far from the Bamboo Grove, the story is being told by a little Korean girl named Yoko. From her point of view, it shows how the children then had to deal the stress and work when war was around. Her and her class have to dig ditches and her family prepares emergency  kits, both in case of bombings.
      From her view of things, life is tough then, especially for a little kid. She also has her dad in war and her brother wanting to join. She has to perform for the wounded soldiers for the war, one of which is the soldier with a disfigured face. For a girl whose twelve, it is a lot to handle.
      But what if the story was from another character's point of view? How would it change the story. How about, the mom. From her point of view, she is wise and has to protect her two daughters from the danger of war. This poor mother also has to worry about her husband and now her son.
      How would a scene change from the mom's point of view?  I pick the scene where the invading soldier burst into Yoko's house and take  anything that they have that's metal.

   I was enjoying some quiet time, when Yoko was practicing her Japanese writing when angry police officers burst through the door.
"We are here to collect metal. Iron, bronze, silver, and gold" I stood there, bewildered at what was happening. The police officer yelled at me. I quickly grabbed my husband's treasured silver ashtray set. He throw the ashtray in a box and demanded more. I found my bronze flower vase and plucked my pretty arrangement of flowers out one by one. The police officer rushed me.
  I handed him the vase. He wanted more. I found my heavy metal frog and put it inside the box. I wanted to cry. The police officer saw my good glasses that were lined with gold. The police officer demanded them. I handed them to him, soon becoming as blind as a bat. I could only make out the police officer, throwing a few more things in the box and Yoko, fists clenched.
  Suddenly,Yoko sprang at the officer and bit him hard in the arm. He screamed, but Yoko still held on. He shook her off and I went towards him. No one hurts my family. But soon he pushed me down, making me feel defenseless. The officer walked over to where Yoko lay and kicked her in the side with his hard army boots.
   Hours passed before she woke. I, finally back on my feet, looked at her. I could of saved her from this.  We called I doctor and he said she had a cracked rib. Oh, my little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment