Monday, May 14, 2012

The Hammer and the Nail Piece

Pounding
      
       It pounds, over and over. Pounding, pounding, POUNDING! The pain shakes my to the core, but the monstrous beings won't stop till his task is complete.
       "Stop, Please! The horrible pain is killing me!" The mighty hammer did not stop, for mercy was not something he knew about. Well, it was worth a try. Oh, who am I kidding. He's a powerful bully and me, the weak flimsy nail.
       "Must pound!" shouted the hammer.He pounded me harder into the wood.I felt dizzy.Things faded away. Why! Why did master have to command his hammer to kill me. I had always been a good little nail. I always stayed straight in the box and made sure I was clean. But was this where the other nails who master picked were taken. To die? It didn't make sense.
       POUND! POUND! POUND! Three more extremely painful pounds. I couldn't take the pounding. Come on Shiny! You have to defend yourself! I thought as something caught my eye. A shiny nail, only the head peeking out of a block of wood. I screamed. I didn't want to become that! A dead body with the head perking out for master to mock them.
       I was already 3/4 in the wood. I struggled to escape. I fought to free myself. POUND! This pounding was unbearable. But I could not stop fighting. POUND! Oh, the horrible pain! I had to stay strong. POUND! Oh, this is the end! No! POUND!

No comments:

Post a Comment