Monday, May 14, 2012

Poe Piece

Author's note: Comment on what you like/dislike or what you want to be changed. Thanks :D

 A Poe of my Own
      I creep silently through the dark scarlet hall. The old clock chimed 12. Midnight fell on the castle.
I headed though the west wing, watching the halls for something, anything. My Lord had called me there, which never happened. 
      "What did me want of me?" I wondered as I creep closer. No one ever goes to the west wing. Or at last, never comes back.
      The big door to the wing stood glaring at me, ready to pull me in and never let me out. I gulped hard, as my heart pounded to the sound of the 
      "Hello?" I called, as a peered in the dark room. The scarlet curtains caught the moon's beautiful white rays and turned to red slashes on the floor. I opened my mouth slowly to call again when I heard footsteps. Slow footsteps creeping towards me. I could make out a figure in the red light. 
      Was it just my imagination or are the footsteps getting faster. I wanted to run, but I stayed still. The footsteps and my heart pounding the same beat as the
      "Lord?" I asked as a horrible pain stabbed my heart. A knife! The lord's face, covered in red light, smiled at my pain. He wanted to see me die. But why? Why now on this one night?
       "Why!" I yelled with the last of my strength and fell to the ground. The lord left the room, leaving my bleeding in the scarlet light of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment